2023 Schedule / FAQ
Tournament Check In: Noon to 4:00PM
- Caribbean Resort Conference Room
- Receive your Tournament Gift & Information
- Enjoy complimentary lunch
Tournament Round 1 – Best Ball
- Shotgun start at 9:00AM
- Each will play their own ball and the lowest score of the two team members will be recorded as the score for that hole.
- Each member will use 80% of their tournament handicap
Tournament Round 2 – Modified Alternate Shot
- Shotgun start at 9:00AM
- Each player will hit a tee ball. One players’ ball will be selected. From that shot, the opposite person that hit it will hit the second shot. The third shot will be hit by the alternate player and so on until the ball is holed out.
- Each member will use 40% of their tournament handicap
Tournament Round 3 – Texas Scramble
- Shotgun start at 9:00AM
- Each member will tee off and the best drive is selected. Both members play their own ball from that selected spot and record their own score. The lower of the two scores will count as the team score for the hole, similar to the best ball format.
- Each member will use 70% of their tournament handicap
Awards Lunch – Following play for Round 3
- Lunch at the course
- Awards Presentation
- Random Drawing Prizes
The Brittain Resorts Classic is teeing off its 9th year in fashion with nine great Myrtle Beach layouts. This 54 hole, two-person golf tournament will be a challenging, fun and memorable event for all of the participants. Flight prizes, random drawings, on course contests and great golf camaraderie await players from all over the globe in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC.
Limited to the first 150 teams, players will compete on three different courses to determine the winner of each flight based on team handicap. Different formats each day will keep the competition fresh and keep the leaderboard tight for all 3 rounds. So register today and see what all the fuss is about!
The Brittain Resorts Classic is open to EVERYONE!
Singles are always welcome and will be paired prior to the event.
$255 USD Per Player
- Entry deadline is January 5, 2023 or when the limit of 150 Teams have entered
- Three (3) rounds of tournament golf
- Tournament gift apparel item
- $50 Gift Card to Sea Captains House restaurant
- Welcome lunch & awards lunch Wednesday following golf
- Top flight finishers awarded prizes
- Daily contest prizes in each flight
- Random drawing prizes
Men Under 60 / 6,000 – 6,500 yards*
Men 60 – 69 / 5,500 – 6,000 yards*
Men 70+ / 5,000 – 5,500 yards (or shortest rated for Men)*
Ladies / 4,500 – 5,000 yards*
*All distances listed are guidelines and are subject to changes
No, all players will be riding with their intended partner.
You may request to play in the same flight as another team, but all players will have to play down to the lowest team handicap of the players involved.
For example: If TEAM 1 has a 32.4 handicap and wanted to play with TEAM 2 that has a 19.2 handicap, then TEAM 1 would be flighted with each player being equally adjusted to reach a team handicap of 19.2. Once flighting is complete, TEAM 1 will have their handicaps restored to the highest threshold of that flight (not to exceed their original handicaps) in order to give them as much of their original handicap as possible (If the threshold was 24.2, then each TEAM 1 member would receive half of the 5.0 index points and play at a team handicap of 24.2 for the event). Requesting to be in the same flight as a friend DOES NOT mean you will be placed in the same grouping.
The tournament committee requires all Flight Together requests to be made on the handicap submission form. No changes will be made to a player’s flight once the course assignments are announced.
The tournament will be conducted using the World Handicap System. Entrants’ handicap indexes will be used to establish a Course Handicap based on the tees & course played along with the respective daily team format.
Participants will submit their WHS Handicap via electronic form beginning in mid January, 2023. Tournament staff will use that factor to flight each team and all handicaps will be based on that information.
Any unusual posting procedures, such as ceasing to post scores for a period leading up to the event, may be grounds for adjustments or disqualification.
All participants will play to the lowest handicap index revision of the last 12 months.
The Handicap Committee reserves the right to adjust a participant’s index prior to or during the event.
All participants are required to notify a tournament official of any handicap changes prior to the event and after verification forms are returned.
A difference of .1 in your index can result in one more or less strokes on a given day. Please ensure that the handicap provided is accurate to the decimal place.
Any participant found, at any time, to be using a fraudulent handicap will be expelled from the tournament and all fees will be forfeited.
In addition, players who score exceptionally low scores will have their handicap reviewed and adjusted if necessary on a daily basis. Any player who scores exceptionally low scores after being adjusted may be disqualified. Any players disqualified will forfeit all paid tournament fees. All decisions of the Tournament Committee are final.
At Golf Tourism Solutions, we operate numerous handicap events throughout the calendar year. In order to better serve our participants, we have developed and deployed a Tournament Points System that helps our team better monitor handicapping for those that consistently finish at the top of the leaderboard.
- First place = 5 points
- Second Place = 4 points
- Third Place = 3 points
- Fourth Place = 2 points (Individual events only)
- Fifth place = 1 point (Individual events only)
Once their TPS point total for reaches a certain level the reduction is then applied to the tournament index for that participant. The levels of reduction are detailed below.
- 10 total points is a 3 stroke reduction
- 8 total points is a 2 stroke reduction
- 6 total points is a 1 stroke reduction
Golf Tourism Solutions events included in this Tournament Points System are the following: Myrtle Beach World Amateur, World Amateur Q School, Short Par 4 Fall Classic, GolfBuddy Veterans Classic, Brittain Resorts Classic, Golf Trek Challenge, and Saintnine Couples Challenge.
The events included to attain points are the rolling current year of all events plus 2 years of history at this event. If the player has more than two events accumulating points, the best two performances are utilized for the stroke reduction. This allows us to monitor participants who solely play at this event and/or participate throughout the year.
*Tournament Points System subject to change at any time.
The Preseason Classic will refund any participant that may cancel based on the below time frames:
- between date of entry and January 6, 2023 – $35 cancellation fee per player.
- beginning January 7, 2023 and by January 30, 2023 – $120 cancellation fee per player.
- after January 30, 2023 players will not be refunded.
To cancel you may submit your cancellation in writing to the Tournament staff either by email or by direct mail. Emails can be sent to Ryan at RHart@GolfHoliday.com and written cancellations may be sent to Brittain Resorts Classic REFUNDS/2051 Golf Academy Way, North Myrtle Beach SC 29582.
No refunds are provided for persons testing positive for COVID-19. No refunds or exchanges will be made if the tournament is canceled or shortened due to weather or nature. One completed round constitutes a tournament.
The USGA Rules of Golf will govern play. Local rules at each course will apply. The Tournament Committee will resolve all disputes regarding every aspect of tournament play.